- Who is a Certified Bitcoin Professional?
- CBPs have professional working knowledge in 33 topics which cover six (6) domains of Bitcoin knowledge.
- The following careers would benefit from certification:
- How can you get your Certification?
- Exam Methodology
- Terms and Conditions
- 🔴A Warning From Financial Advisor Peter Toogood. Bitcoin Ready To Move.
Who is a Certified Bitcoin Professional?
A Certified Bitcoin Professional is knowledgeable about the Bitcoin blockchain, Bitcoin transactions, and how the Bitcoin network operates.
CBPs are able to apply Bitcoin technology to their professional area of expertise and understand privacy aspects, double-spending, and other issues that relate to the currency.
CBPs have professional working knowledge in 33 topics which cover six (6) domains of Bitcoin knowledge.
These six domains make up the Common Body of Knowledge that all Bitcoin professionals must possess to earn the CBP designation.
The following careers would benefit from certification:
- Accountants and Controllers
- Sales & Marketing professionals
- Professors, Teachers, and Educators
- IT Professionals
- Call Centre Representatives
- Project Managers
- Anyone who uses Bitcoin in their daily lives
How can you get your Certification?
- Create an account and choose which certification you want to obtain.
- When you are ready, enroll to take the exam.
The exam is in English, and costs $99.99 CAD.
You must pay for the exam in Bitcoin.
- After passing the exam, you may send in your application to be certified. This includes uploading a copy of your resume, and agreeing to the C4 Code of Ethics. Application fees are $39.99 CAD. You must also pay for this in Bitcoin.
- Once we receive your application with your exam results, resume and that you’ve agreed to the terms and conditions, we will certify you and send you notice.
The exam includes 75 multiple-choice and true/false questions covering each of the 33 topics listed below.
The exam is time-limited to 20 minutes, so you will not have an opportunity to use a search engine.
A passing grade of 70% is required to apply for certification. If you fail the exam, you can pay to take the exam again.
You will be unable to apply for certification until you have successfully passed the exam.
Once you've paid your exam fee, there is no time limit imposed on when you must take your exam.
Feel free to wait as long as you like after paying until you're ready to take the exam without fear of any penalty. However, once you begin the exam you will only have 20 minutes to answer all 75 questions.
Studying for the CBP exam is easy.
The 33 topics are covered extensively online making it easy to learn the knowledge required for certification. A CBP Study Guide is available to assist your review.
Terms and Conditions
The use of the certification mark is intended to indicate that the services in association with which it is used are of the following defined standard: services to be provided using the certification mark are provided by persons who have satisfactorily completed an examination prepared and administered by the applicant for the purposes of measuring skill with respect to professional knowledge of Bitcoin as well as acceptance of the applicant’s code of ethics in force at the relevant time.
Initial certification is for two (2) years and it is the responsibility of each user of the certification mark to renew his or her certification every two (2) years thereafter by meeting one of the following requirements:
- the user must satisfactorily complete a current examination prepared and administered by the applicant for the purposes of ensuring the user possesses professional knowledge of Bitcoin as well as acceptance of the applicant’s code of ethics in force at the relevant time; OR
- since initially obtaining the right to use the certification mark the user must have received and maintained associate membership in the applicant.