- Starting With Google Sheets And Inputting Your Cryptocurrency
- Signup to our Newsletter
- Advantages of Altpocket
- Disadvantages of Altpocket
- Advantages of cointrackr
- Disadvantages of cointrackr
- Advantages of Blockfolio
- Disadvantages of Blockfolio
- Google Sheets
- Best Ways to manage and track your Cryptocurrency portfolio:
- How To Track Your Favorite CryptoCurrencies - BEST Alt Coin & Bitcoin Portfolio Phone App
- Advantages of Google Sheets
- Disadvantages of Google Sheets
- Advantages of Delta
- Disadvantages of Delta
- Conclusion – Which cryptocurrency portfolio tracker should you use?
- Block Influence
- We Think You'd Like These Posts
- Here's Why You'll Love Our Weekly Unique Articles
- More From: Cryptocurrency
You’ve found out what Bitcoin is, and you’ve even ventured into alts after reading our article on most promising cryptocurrencies. But now you need a way to keep track of your portfolio in real time, on multiple platforms.
Starting With Google Sheets And Inputting Your Cryptocurrency
Well, this comprehensive list of portfolio trackers spans mobile apps (Android and iOS), web apps and desktop applications. A combination of these will ensure high level portfolio data analysis, on-the-go tracking in real time, or simply cool looking graphs and big numbers to show off to your friends.
Altpocket is social network meets cryptocurrency trading. It’s a web platform that enables you track your portfolio and can share information to compare yourself to other users or friends.
The layout and design is better than its competitors and the team is constantly updating the app – you can see the progress on their social media.
Signup to our Newsletter
It also has API import integrations, which not everything on this list has. With it you don’t have to add your transactions manually, as your transactions from supported exchanges can simply be imported automatically.
Advantages of Altpocket
- Ability to share and compare portfolios with other users
- Private mode so your investments aren’t tracked or identified
- Ease of use, good design and good UI/UX
- Bittrex, Poloniex and Binance APIs to import and track your investments
Disadvantages of Altpocket
- Web only application, no mobile app
- A few small bugs, such as total investment balance doesn’t always equal your “net worth”
Cointrackr is another web application.
Since it’s quite light and well designed, it works on mobile too. Cointrackr is powered by coinmarketcap.com, which means you have access to a plethora of cryptocurrencies (over 1500).
It can show you trends based on the last hour, 24 hours or week. It’s not exactly real time, because coinmarketcap uses an average of exchange prices, depending on the coin/token. Still, cointrackr is a simple tool you can use if you don’t trade much and just need to keep an eye on the prices every now and then.
Advantages of cointrackr
- User friendly and easy to use
- Doesn’t require a login (can store data in browser cache)
Disadvantages of cointrackr
- Only has coins listed on coinmarketcap, which is a lot, but not as versatile as some of its competitors
- Not enough features to make it useful for people who day trade cryptocurrencies
- Since data is from coinmarketcap, it doesn’t show exchange specific prices (which can vary quite a bit)
Blockfolio is one of the most popular ways to track cryptocurrencies on mobile.
With both iOS and Android apps, Blockfolio has long been the default way to track cryptos, even for seasoned traders. It’s feature rich and supports many cryptos, making it a popular app for always being up to date on your investments. There’s no web or desktop app, so for now Blockfolio is mobile only.
Advantages of Blockfolio
- Simple graphs that help track your portfolio history
- Can sync with a downward swipe and update prices instantly
- Long list of cryptocurrencies and trading pairs with exchanges (though not as much as Delta)
Disadvantages of Blockfolio
- No API support
- It’s not a very good looking app
- Certain cryptos have corrupted data which leads to huge spikes and mangled graphs (I turned into a quadrillionaire overnight last week, apparently)
Why is an online spreadsheet application on a list of cryptocurrency portfolio trackers?
Well, Google Sheets is one of the most versatile and customizable tools for cryptocurrency analytics. You can do exactly what you want with it, to whichever extent you please.
Best Ways to manage and track your Cryptocurrency portfolio:
If you’re only tracking Bitcoin, simply set up a sheet with the GOOGLEFINANCE ticker to update BTC prices in a number of currencies instantly. Or download one of the many available Google Sheets plugins which gives you access to a plethora of cryptocurrency prices in real time. The most popular one is Cryptofinance.
If you have a bit of technical knowhow, you can use the ImportJSON and the CryptoCompare APIs to use Google Sheets without a Chrome plugin.
How To Track Your Favorite CryptoCurrencies - BEST Alt Coin & Bitcoin Portfolio Phone App
You can even search around and find templates for existing crypto trading sheets, so you don’t have to make your own.
Advantages of Google Sheets
- Make it as simple or as complex as you want.
- Analyse any number of cryptocurrencies, depending on the available APIs, and make your own graphs/charts.
Disadvantages of Google Sheets
- Requires more set up and tweaking than the other options on this list
- Large sheets become slow and cumbersome, especially on mobile.
Delta is slowly replacing Blockfolio to become the number 1 cryptocurrency tracker on mobile.
Being a fairly new project (launched in October 2017), they’ve managed to capture the market due to their improved design, ease of use and more compatibility. Delta doesn’t currently support importing APIs from exchanges, and it doesn’t have a desktop version, but both of these are coming soon.
As of right now, Delta is a better version of Blockfolio, so if you need a mobile app to track your cryptos, Delta is your #1 choice.
Advantages of Delta
- You can keep track of obscure cryptos and ICOs that aren’t on main exchanges yet.
- All the advantages of Blockfolio (graphs, real time tracking and transaction accounting)
Disadvantages of Delta
- No desktop version and API imports yet.
Conclusion – Which cryptocurrency portfolio tracker should you use?
At the end of the day, it depends entirely on your needs.
You could use all 5 of the above trackers if you wish, since they all fill slightly different niches.
These are our reccomendations:
- If you’re just starting out, only have a few of the popular cryptocurrencies, and don’t day trade so you only need a rough idea of the current price, use cointrackr.
- If you and your friends want to compare portfolios without constantly sharing Blockfolio screenshots, use Altpocket. With multiple accounts on several exchanges you might need a web based platform to consolidate and understand what you’re holding.
Altpocket is good for that as well.
- For when you want to maintain your own log, create your own graphs, charts and data analysis, use Google Sheets. It’s a lot more diverse since you can use all the available APIs and spreadsheet functions out there.
If you have the time to invest in setting it up, the precision of cryptocurrency tracking is often worth it.
- For mobile you can pick between Blockfolio and Delta, although Delta has been growing faster as a platform and is becoming more and more streamlined.
We Think You'd Like These Posts
Here's Why You'll Love Our Weekly Unique Articles
Our posts aren't bought out by giant media empires.
We send you genuine tips and tricks on topics you're interested in.