Length = 1 week
During this lesson you will be introduced to purchasing a car.
You will learn about dealerships pricing, some negotiation strategies, and where to research book values of cars.
- Know the definition of, and where to find, the asking price, book value, trade in value, and private party value of a car
- Research vehicle reliability
- Research vehicle prices and purchase options
- Know how to price new cars with options
11.1 The Cost of a Car
At some point you are going to want a car.
The question is… How much are you going to pay for that car? Learn the vocabulary related to buying a car and how to calculate the price of a car.
11.2 Calculating Car Payments
You decide to buy a truck: The question now is…How much are you really going to pay for that truck?
How to Get a Car Loan (The Right Way)
Learn how to calculate loan payments for an automobile.
11.3 Negotiating the Best Price
When it comes to buying a car, the most important question is… How low can you go, and how do you get there?
Learn skills for negotiating the purchase price of a car.
Hints & Helps
- Visit a dealership and collect pamphlets about different cars
- Search “Kelly Blue Book” or “Edmunds” to compare cars.
- Prepare to debate the different qualities of cars.
- Think about how you would sell a car to someone.