- Quick Walkthrough
- Detailed Walkthrough
- Keeping the Faith
- Skyrim:The Dark Brotherhood Forever
- Contact the Client...
- Mods of the month
- ...Now Find the Target
- Why You Should NOT Join The Dark Brotherhood
- Dark brotherhood quests best options for dialogue
- Get Vortex
- Navigation menu
- Please log in or register
- Quest Stages
- Do you listen to npc quest dialogue?
|This page is currently being rewritten as part of the Skyrim Quest Redesign Project.|
The page is being rewritten and checked in several stages. All users are welcome to make changes to the page.
If you make a change that is relevant to the project, please update this template accordingly, and make sure you have observed the project guidelines.
- Approach the Night Mother.
- Speak with the contact.
- Kill the target.
Keeping the Faith
After the events of Hail Sithis!, the Dark Brotherhood has new headquarters to improve and maintain.
As the Listener, your responsibility is to heed the Night Mother and continue to fulfill contracts. For this recurring quest, approaching the Night Mother will initiate a dialogue: another child has prayed to their mother and performed the Black Sacrament, securing another contract for the Brotherhood.
Travel to the specified location and speak to the client who will give you a name and location of a generic NPC that he wants eliminated.
Skyrim:The Dark Brotherhood Forever
The client will pay you the money up front. Travel to the location and complete the contract. Return to the Night Mother for another contact as needed or desired.
Contact the Client...
The client will be one of ten randomly chosen citizens who performed the Black Sacrament.
None of the contract givers exist prior to the quest:
...Now Find the Target
All contract givers share the same dialogue and will spawn a randomly chosen target from the following dialogue options:
- The targets that you are supposed to murder never sleep, and almost always stay in crowded areas. This can make it very difficult to kill them without incurring a bounty. One possible way to accomplish it is to hide a safe distance away (remain in sneak mode and make sure the eye is totally closed) and then send a follower to kill the target. Run outside the area in question while the crowd is retaliating against your follower, and then fast travel out of the hold.
Your follower will fast travel with you.
- All targets have 50 health. Plan your assassination tools (such as poisons and weapon choices) with this in mind.
- If the recently killed target is reanimated and subsequently turned into an ash pile on their "second death", the next time they are randomly chosen as a target, both the NPC and the ash pile will appear. Attempting to search the ash pile will cause the NPC to speak.
Sneaking and searching the ash pile qualifies as pickpocketing.
- Sometimes if you reactivate (or talk to) the contact while they are still talking it will cause you to get paid twice.
- Sometimes you can intimidate the target when talking to him. This can cause him to attack you, and the surrounding people will try to kill him. If they kill him, the quest will be complete and you will not have a bounty.
The target can also try to flee; in that case, chase him into a secluded area, and then kill him.
- Pickpocketing a target will never work, no matter how high your Sneak and Pickpocket skill.
- A good idea is to kill your target at a distance with a bow, or get up close and personal with a dagger. Bows are useful for crowded places while daggers are better for more secluded targets.
- With high sneak and archery skill levels and a strong bow, such as the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow, you can kill any assigned target in one shot.
Wait until dark (if outside) or find a shadowy corner and go into sneak mode to do so undetected, then simply walk away. You may find that this makes the quest too easy, however.
- Sometimes the contact will simply say, "Look, I'm busy. Please go bother somebody else." If you return after a few days, the contact will eventually give you information about the target.
It will count as speaking to the contact but you will not receive payment. ?
|The Dark Brotherhood Forever (DBrecurring)|
|Stage||Finishes Quest||Journal Entry|
|10||I am now the Listener and leader of the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim.
It is my duty to hear the words of our Unholy Matron, the Night Mother, and do as she commands...
Objective 10: Approach the Night Mother
Objective 20: Speak with the contact
Objective 30: Kill the target
- The following empty quest stages were omitted from the table: 0.
- Any text displayed in angle brackets (e.g., ) is dynamically set by the Radiant Quest system, and will be filled in with the appropriate word(s) when seen in game.
- Not all Journal Entries may appear in your journal; which entries appear and which entries do not depends on the manner in which the quest is done.
- Stages are not always in order of progress.
This is usually the case with quests that have multiple possible outcomes or quests where certain tasks may be done in any order.
Do you listen to npc quest dialogue?
Some stages may therefore repeat objectives seen in other stages.
- If an entry is marked as "Finishes Quest" it means the quest disappears from the Active Quest list, but you may still receive new entries for that quest.
- On the PC, it is possible to use the console to advance through the quest by entering , where is the number of the stage you wish to complete.
It is not possible to un-complete (i.e. go back) quest stages, but it is possible to clear all stages of the quest using .