- The Best OBS Settings For Streaming Professionally In 2020
- What is OBS ?
- Starting OBS for the First Time Streaming
- Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
- 1. OBS Studio Configuration for Twitch
- 2. Setting up a Game Stream
- Best OBS settings for Twitch
- Advanced Settings
- 1. OBS Recording Setting
- What Is A Good Bitrate For OBS?
- 2. OBS Video Capture Settings
- Best OBS Settings 2020 for Streaming Without Lag at 60FPS - new NVENC
- How Do You Change The Stream Settings In OBS?
- 3. OBS Video Output Settings
- Choose an Encoder
- 4. OBS Studio Streaming Settings for Screen Recording
Twitch has features like recording live videos, or we can say, it is a live video streaming platform. Every day there are newcomers from all around the world who join in to try their luck.
The Best OBS Settings For Streaming Professionally In 2020
Twitch is an amazing source of broadcasting, but it has some issues that you need to figure out before you are good to go, and in this article, I will show you how you can solve these issues by bringing the best OBS settings for Twitch to you.
If you have done your homework, you must already be knowing about OBS. If not, let me give a quick overview.
What is OBS ?
OBS stands for Open Broadcaster Software which acts as a supporter for Twitch.
Any online video platform being used to stream videos requires software to encode the videos in a proper format so you can put them up for streaming. OBS is one of the best Broadcaster Software, it works on almost all popular platforms such as Mac, Windows, or Linux.
Also Read: Pubg Servers Are Too Busy – Fix this Issue!
Starting OBS for the First Time Streaming
Now lets come to the main part, how to configure OBS in the best way possible.
Just follow our step by step process and you will end up having the best OBS Settings for your twitch or YouTube streaming.
Download OBS STUDIO and install it using the default settings.
Alternatives to Open Broadcaster Software
Start the OBS studio after the installation has finished
1. OBS Studio Configuration for Twitch
- After you have started OBS Studio, select Yes and start the Auto Configuration Wizard.
- Select “Optimize for streaming”.
- Leave video settings on default : 1920 x 1080 and 60 fps
- Copy your Twitch Stream Key.
You will find it on the Dashboard of your Twitch account when you click on your profile picture in the upper right corner. Click on Copy to copy to your key.
- Paste it in the Auto Configuration Wizard, Estimate Bitrate should be left ticked.
- Click on Apply Settings and use the recommended Settings.
- After Auto Configuration Wizard, you need to choose a server.
Go to Settings, then Streaming
- Select the Twitch server nearest to you, this may not be the best option every time.
You can download a free tool Twitch Bandwidth Test Tool.
- After downloading, run it, enter your Stream Key, choose your region and select Long on the Test Duration drop-down menu.
- Start testing.
- After completion, choose the server which provides the highest bandwidth with quality over 80.
- Select this server on the OBS from Settings and Stream tab.
Must Read: 19+ Games like IMVU in 2019
Setting up a Game Stream
To start sharing your Game Window, start your game and then press ALT + TAB to minimize the game. Go to OBS Studio, under Sources, hit the + and choose Game Capture. Click OK and select: Capture Specific Window: game.exe
Best OBS settings for Twitch
If you already have configured OBS before but want best settings to stream HD videos in 1080p 60Fps then you need to tweak your settings.
Follow all the settings given below as will guide you on how you can stream on Twitch using OBS.
Open the OBS Studio and look at the bottom-right corner. You will find section Settings there, click on the settings button.
OBS Recording Setting
For configuring the OBS recording settings, go to Settings -> Output Tab->select “Advanced” on Output Mode.
Click on the recording tab. This brings up a list of options.
- Set a recording path i.e.
What Is A Good Bitrate For OBS?
the location where your OBS will store your recorded videos.
- Use MP4 as the recording format.
- Select x264 on Encoder.
- Set rate control -> CBR and bitrate according to your PC’s configuration. For a low-end PC, set the bitrate in between 10000-15000.
and for a high-end PC, increase the number and see if it impacts performance.
2. OBS Video Capture Settings
Open up the settings, go to the Video section and adjust the fields as shown below.
Base (Canvas) Resolution is the resolution of your screen.
Best OBS Settings 2020 for Streaming Without Lag at 60FPS - new NVENC
This tells the screen size in pixels in which you want to record. You can set to any desired resolution.
How Do You Change The Stream Settings In OBS?
To manually enter you need to type the width and height as per your choice.
Output (Scaled) Resolution this is the resolution of the recorded video. Select 1920*1080 for a high-quality video and for a normal video, keep it 1280*720.
Downscale Filter here you can apply filters for down-scaling.
It is best to apply Lanzos for recorded videos, and for live streaming, select other available options.
Common FPS Values or frames-per-second. It remains 30 frames per second, but if you want a different frame rate, then you can experiment with it until you achieve your desired one.
OBS Video Output Settings
To have a video of best quality you need best output settings. So, you need to choose the fields carefully.
Choose an Encoder
By default, the sections are not set to an advanced mode, and so it looks like this
- Open the Output section in the settings menu.
- Output mode select it as Advanced rather than Simple from the dropdown list.
- After you’ve done that, you’ll see three tabs: Streaming, Recording, and Audio.
- Go to the Recording tab, set up the path where you want your videos to be saved.
- Set the format to MP4.
- Encoder section, use stream encoder and just left all other options as it is.
OBS Studio Streaming Settings for Screen Recording
Go to the first section: Streaming.
Here you’ll find fields like Bitrate and CPU usage that you need to edit.
Set the Bitrate section to 12000 and the CPU usage to ultra-fast, select the x264 encoder field.
Your configuration is complete with the Best Settings. These OBS Settings will help you stream videos on Twitch at 720p and 1080p and that too with 60fps.
Every one of these segments is important to show signs of improvement changes in your recordings with OBS Studio. If you are someone who likes to experiment with things, then you can change other settings too and make it right just as you want it.
Or follow the article and make your OBS settings to get the best result and save your time. I hope this article improves your live twitch streaming experience.
Also Read: How to Fix Voice Chat Not Working in Fortnite