The Cisco® IP Phone 8841 is a business-class collaboration endpoint that delivers high-fidelity, reliable, secure, and scalable voice communication for small to large enterprise businesses.
With the Cisco IP Phone 8841, you can increase personal productivity through an engaging user experience that is both powerful and easy-to-use.
Cisco Headset 500 Series
The IP Phone 8841 combines an attractive new ergonomic design with wideband audio for crystal clear voice communications, “always-on” reliability, encrypted voice communications to enhance security, and access to a comprehensive suite of unified communication features from Cisco on-premises and hosted infrastructure platforms and third party hosted call control.
The Cisco IP Phone 8841 offers five programmable line keys.
You can configure keys to support either multiple directory numbers or call features such as speed dial. You can also boost productivity by handling multiple calls for each directory number, using the multicall-per-line feature.
Fixed function keys give you one-touch access to applications, messaging, directory, as well as often-used calling features such as hold/resume, transfer, and conference. Backlit acoustic keys provide flexibility for audio path selection and switching.
Other key features of the phone follow:
● The Cisco IP Phone 8841 offers a 5-in. high-resolution (800 x 480) widescreen VGA backlit color display. Localized language support, including right-to-left on-screen text, meets the needs of global users.
● The phone supports a built-in Gigabit Ethernet switch for your PC connection.
● Support for Cisco EnergyWise™ technology makes the Cisco IP Phone 8841 more energy-efficient and ecofriendly; the phone is qualified by Energy Star organization.
● An optional wall-mount kit is orderable as a spare part for customers seeking this capability.
Features and Benefits
Table 1 lists features and benefits of the Cisco IP Phone 8841.
Table 1. Features and Benefits
The Cisco IP Phone 8841 requires an Enhanced User Connect License (UCL) in order to connect to Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Table 2 lists the features and specifications of the Cisco IP Phone 8841.
Table 2. Features and Specifications
Audio codec support
● G.711a-law and mu-law, G.722, G.729a, Internet Low Bitrate Codec (iLBC), and Internet Speech Audio Codec (iSAC)
● + Dialing
● Abbreviated dialing
● Adjustable ring tones and volume levels
● Adjustable display brightness
● Agent greeting
● Auto-detection of headset
● Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
● Busy Lamp Field (BLF) Pickup
● Busy Lamp Field (BLF) speed dial
● Call forward
● Call forward notification
● Call filter
● Call history lists
● Call park
● Call pickup
● Call timer
● Call waiting
● Call chaperone
● Caller ID
● Corporate directory
● Conference, including traditional Join feature
● Cross Cluster Extension Mobility (EMCC)
● Direct transfer
● Extension mobility
● Fast-dial service
● Forced access codes and client matter codes
● Group call pickup
● Immediate divert
● Malicious-caller ID
● Message-waiting indicator (MWI)
● Meet-me conference
● Music on hold (MoH)
● Network profiles (automatic)
● On- and off-network distinctive ringing
● Personal directory
● Predialing before sending
● Private Line Automated Ringdown (PLAR)
● Ring tone per line appearance
● Service Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
● Shared line
● Silent monitoring and recording
● Speed dial
● Time and date display
● Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) dialing
● Visual voice mail
● Voice mail
● Whisper coaching
● You can control the hookswitch electronically with a third-party headset connected to the auxiliary port.
Quality-of-service (QoS) options
● The phone supports Cisco Discovery Protocol and 802.1Q/p standards, and can be configured with an 801.1Q VLAN header containing the VLAN ID overrides configured by the Admin VLAN ID.
● Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for signaling
● Session Description Protocol (SDP)
● IPv4 and IPv6
● User Datagram Protocol (UDP) (used only for Real-Time Transport Protocol [RTP] streams)
● Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client or static configuration
● Gratuitous Address Resolution Protocol (GARP)
● Domain Name System (DNS)
● Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP)
● Secure Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTPS)
● Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP)
● Real-Time Control Protocol (RTCP)
● Cisco Peer-to-Peer Distribution Protocol (PPDP)
● Cisco Discovery Protocol
● LLDP (including LLDP-MED)
● Switch speed auto-negotiation
● Secure boot
● Secure credential storage
● Device authentication
● Configuration file authentication and encryption
● Image authentication
● Random bit generation
● Hardware cryptographic acceleration
● Certificate Authority Proxy Function (CAPF)
● Manufacturer-Installed Certificates (MIC)
● Locally Significant Certificates (LSC)
● Ethernet 802.1x supplicant options: Extensible Authentication Protocol-Flexible Authentication via Secure Tunneling (EAP-FAST) and Extensible Authentication Protocol-Transport Layer Security (EAP-TLS)
● Signaling authentication and encryption using TLS
● Media authentication and encryption using SRTP
● HTTPS for client and server
● Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol server
● SSL-based VPN client
● 9.02 x 10.13 x 1.57 in.
(229.1 x 257.34 x 40 mm)
Weight (with handset)
● 2.58 lb (1.17 kg)
● Polycarbonate acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) textured plastic; Cosmetic class A
● 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Nonoperational temperature shock
● 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)
● Operating 10 to 90%, noncondensing
● Nonoperating 10 to 95%, noncondensing
● Arabic (Arabic Area)
● Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
● Catalan (Spain)
● Chinese (China)
● Chinese (Hong Kong)
● Chinese (Taiwan)
● Croatian (Croatia)
● Czech (Czech Republic)
● Danish (Denmark)
● Dutch (Netherlands)
● English (United Kingdom)
● Estonian (Estonia)
● French (France)
● French (Canada)
● Finnish (Finland)
● German (Germany)
● Greek (Greece)
● Hebrew (Israel)
● Hungarian (Hungary)
● Italian (Italy)
● Japanese (Japan)
● Latvian (Latvia)
● Lithuanian (Lithuania)
● Korean (Korea Republic)
● Norwegian (Norway)
● Polish (Poland)
● Portuguese (Portugal)
● Portuguese (Brazil)
● Romanian (Romania)
● Russian (Russian Federation)
● Spanish (Columbia)
● Spanish (Spain)
● Slovak (Slovakia)
● Swedish (Sweden)
● Serbian (Republic of Serbia)
● Serbian (Republic of Montenegro)
● Slovenian (Slovenia)
● Thai (Thailand)
● Turkish (Turkey)
Table 3 gives ordering information for the phone and its accessories.
Table 3. Ordering Information
● Cisco IP Phone 8841, Charcoal
● Cisco IP Phone 8841, White
● Spare Handset for Cisco 7800, 8800, DX600 Series, Charcoal
● Spare Handset Cord for Cisco 8800, DX600 Series, Charcoal
● Spare Handset for Cisco IP Phone 7800, 8800, DX600 Series, White
● Spare Handset Cord for Cisco IP Phone 8800, DX600 Series, White
● Spare Wallmount Kit for Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
● Spare Foot stand for Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
● Spare Black Bezel for Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
● Spare Silver Bezel for Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series
● Cisco Power Cube 4
● Power Cord Asia Pacific
● Power Cord Argentina
● Power Cord Australia
● Power cord for Brazil
● Power Cord European
● Power Cord China
● Power Cord Japan
● Power Cord North America
● Power Cord Switzerland
● Power Cord United Kingdom
The Cisco IP Phone 8841 phones are covered by a Cisco standard 1-year replacement warranty.
Cisco Unified Communications Services
Cisco and our certified partners can help you set up a secure, dependable Cisco Unified Communications Solution, meeting aggressive deployment schedules and accelerating business advantage.
Cisco's portfolio of services is based on proven methodologies for unifying voice, video, data, and mobile applications on fixed and mobile networks.
Our unique lifecycle approach to services defines what’s needed at each phase of the solution lifecycle. Customized planning and design services help you create a solution that meets your business needs.
Cisco IP Phone User Support
Award-winning technical support helps you boost your operational efficiency. Remote management services simplify day-to-day operations. And optimization services let you modify and improve your network solution when business needs change.
Financing to Help You Achieve Your Objectives
Cisco Capital can help you acquire the technology you need to achieve your objectives and stay competitive.
We can help you reduce CapEx. Accelerate your growth. Optimize your investment dollars and ROI.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Capital financing gives you flexibility in acquiring hardware, software, services, and complementary third-party equipment.
And there’s just one predictable payment. Cisco Capital is available in more than 100 countries. Learn more.
For additional details about the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series, go to http://www.cisco.com/go/ipphones/8800.