• Launched in 2011, Litecoin (LTC) has managed to establish itself as "bitcoin's little brother" and to maintain a spot in the leading altcoins despite fierce competition.
• Litecoin focuses on fast, low-cost borderless peer-to-peer payments and has become popular among digital currency users as its transactions are faster and cheaper than bitcoin.
• Launched in 2014 in a highly successful ICO, the Ethereum network is the world's first blockchain computing platform that enables the creation of smart contracts and decentralized applications.
• Its native token, Ether (ETH), is used to fuel the platform and its applications.
• Launched through an ICO in 2013, Nxt is an open-source blockchain network that allows for the creation of digital assets on its blockchain.
• The NXT token has managed to generate an excellent return on investment for its early adopters thanks to the continuous innovation of the Nxt developer team despite the fact that the project has fallen out of the limelight over the years.
Top Ten Coins To Watch In 2020
• Launched in 2015, IOTA is developing a transaction layer for the Internet of Things.
• Unlike most cryptocurrency projects, IOTA does not use a blockchain but, instead, uses Tangles, which enable fee-less digital token payments.
• Launched in 2012, Ripple is a real-time gross settlement system (RTGS), currency exchange and remittance network for banks and other financial institutions.
• The platform's native token, XRP, is required to be held in accounts to use the Ripple payments network and can be used to make high-speed, low-cost money transfers.